BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Set Model View-- Hairlines

R Muller
Enthusiast
AC 11 has apparently has a toggle between hairlines and true line weight in the Document/ Set Model View menu.

I am confused because there are two of each: Hairlines, hairlines, True Weight, true weight. None of these are documented in the help menu, and there is no opportunity to set line weight in defining new custom Model View Options.

Can anyone explain what these do?
R Muller
AC 26 USA (20+ years on ArchiCAD)
MBP 64GB Apple M1 Max OS 12.1 Monterey
6 REPLIES 6
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
I don't understand the question -- hairlines/true line weight is an On-Screen View Option only (not a Model View Option). Do you have a legit version of AC11? ?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
TomWaltz
Participant
.. or it could be a file from a previous version of Archicad which still used that as a Display Option, so it still has the combination left over
Tom Waltz
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
TomWaltz wrote:
.. or it could be a file from a previous version of Archicad which still used that as a Display Option, so it still has the combination left over
Huh, I have not experienced that.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
R Muller
Enthusiast
I think you are probably right- it is a file I upgraded from a previous version. The old Display Options may be translated into Model View options.
R Muller
AC 26 USA (20+ years on ArchiCAD)
MBP 64GB Apple M1 Max OS 12.1 Monterey
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having a problem along these lines.

I have two views of a floor plan drawing.

View 1 is at 1/32" scale and is really just a key plan that shows the general configuration of the building. I want this to print with hairline line weights. This has a MVO that shows doors & windows without a marker and shows only zone and fill boundaries.

View 2 is a portion of this plan set at 3/16" scale - so it is much larger. I want this to print with true line weights. This has the standard MVO CD True Line Weight.

The pen sets for views and layouts are all zzNCS - so there is no difference in the pen set between drawing view and layout view.

When I have the on screen view option set to hairline, ALL of the sheets print with hairline. When I have the on-screen view option set to true line weight, ALL of the sheets print at true line weight and my key plans look like big blobs because the line weights are too heavy at 1/32" scale.

So ... how do you print a key plan with hairline quality while everything else on the sheet has true line weight (including your sheet borders)?

I have opened each view and hundredybillion times and captured settings ...

~tearing hair out~

~in fistfuls~
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
As the name suggests the on-screen view options determine how things look on the screen. It doesn't have anything to do with output, such as printing.

Typically the line weight is set by the penset, so you'll need a different penset for hariline and another for true weight. You either switch to either penset before printing directly from the model view, or assign them to each drawing, if you print via the publisher.

Having said that there is an option to override everything to Hairline via the Print 2D Document/Print Options dialogs, but this is still quite limiting & inconvenient, so I would recommend using pensets.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!