BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Mid-Size Printers AND Printing of Construction Documents

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wondering if anyone has done printing of some "simple" construction documents on 11x17 to 13x19 paper on one of the current printers out there. I am looking at the Canon Pixma Pro9000 for doing some residential construction documents. I've gotten good responses from contractors, and the building department for doing con docs on this size. Most interested in "reviews" of Architecture specific uses of this Canon, or other Canon and Epson printers. Anybody done this?!!!!!!!! Thanks ahead of time for responses.
3 REPLIES 3
about the time you invest in a new printer they will start excepting plans in .pdf format.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Paul Adams
Contributor
I have been using the HP 9650 with good results. 11x17/12x18/13x19 are all available paper sizes.

I was using 12x18 since it is half size of Arch D drawings and it scaled nicely.

Currently, I just print PDF and email to my local reprographics house for anything more than a single set. Their high speed equipment is much quicker for multiple copies of either the half size or full size prints.
Paul Adams, AIA, LEED AP

AC17

iMac, 4G RAM

MacBook Pro, 2G RAM
Anonymous
Not applicable
I really like the HP 9800. Prints up to 13x19, good photo quality (if needed).

They're about $300 and readily available at office max.

I bought one for home, have worked with one at an office, and convinced the new office they needed one. We print half-size on 11x17 (for 22x34 100% sheets).

If the text size and lineweights are scaled appropriately, I can read just about everything in an architectural set at that size.
Learn and get certified!