BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC11 BUGS..

Anonymous
Not applicable
When opening objects, sometimes the preview window shows nothing. It happens to me daily and I need to restart AC everytime it happens..
Are there any suggestions or is it just a very annoying bug to add in the bug box?
23 REPLIES 23
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
No, this is not typical. Usually It's a programmer with C#. But there are situations when they can't find the problem from the code side, and they need reproduction steps. That's when the basement guys step in. While at that, they have actually a pleasant second floor room...
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Rick Thompson
Expert
Jay wrote:
Thanks for all the continued, "beta" or Gamma Testing of AC11. I am on AC10 Still.

Will I be able to Upgrade to AC11 'Final' once AC12 comes out for It's Gamma Testing?
What a great concept! GS could actually capitalize on it. If you wait one year (or one version) they could charge more for that gamma proofed release. That could change the whole strategy with subscriptions. While maybe not multi threaded or multi proceedered, it's multi-layered.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rick wrote:
Jay wrote:
Thanks for all the continued, "beta" or Gamma Testing of AC11. I am on AC10 Still.

Will I be able to Upgrade to AC11 'Final' once AC12 comes out for It's Gamma Testing?
What a great concept! GS could actually capitalize on it. If you wait one year (or one version) they could charge more for that gamma proofed release. That could change the whole strategy with subscriptions. While maybe not multi threaded or multi proceedered, it's multi-layered.
I Might be the first to sign up for this Gamma proofed Subscription. Might even at double the price. NO Quoting that please. But still seem worth it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I for one will add my heartfelt word of gratitude to Gergely Kmethy and the GS technicians. Thank You People. You make a very sweet product and, I'm going to shout it out: I LOVE MY AC.

Now that I have headquarter's attention, please hear another request:
Can you fix that annoying disappearance of an option that was available in AC10 but disappeared in AC11??
I'm referring to Project Preferences/Calculation Units/length units which don't have a "Feet and fractional inches" option.
Anyone (at least in the US?) who includes rough openings in their window schedules NEEDS this option, as no framer uses decimal inches to frame an opening.
Karl Ottenstein
Michael wrote:
I'm referring to Project Preferences/Calculation Units/length units which don't have a "Feet and fractional inches" option.
This issue was logged into the system when you posted your earlier message...and is now in the developer's queue. It's not lost. 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Pete
Newcomer
Is there a list of "known bugs" posted somewhere so we know whether GS is working on the things we struggle with?

We are still crashing often (hourly) with AC11 on Vista.

The polyroof tool is not working correctly in 11. Is this known?

Thanks,
Pete Read
ArchiCAD 12; Artlantis Studio 2
MacBook Pro 2.4 Core2Duo, 2GB, OSX(10.5) and XPpro(SP3)
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Pete,

Although we drop in here time to time, please make sure that you contact your local ArchiCAD reseller. They are primarily responsible for doing Tech Support for you. We (the Budapest team) actually support them, so they escalate issues they can't solve to us. Send them the Bug IDs (or better yet, the CrashSubmissionLog.txt from your Documents and Settings\user\Graphisoft folder that has all the ID's in it), and they will help you find out why you crash.
Gergely Kmethy
piton
Newcomer
gkmethy wrote:
Pete,

Although we drop in here time to time, please make sure that you contact your local ArchiCAD reseller. They are primarily responsible for doing Tech Support for you. We (the Budapest team) actually support them, so they escalate issues they can't solve to us. Send them the Bug IDs (or better yet, the CrashSubmissionLog.txt from your Documents and Settings\user\Graphisoft folder that has all the ID's in it), and they will help you find out why you crash.
What to do if Bug reporter crashes before completion?

My problem is that Ac11 crashes every time i try to delete columns put there in ac10.
Picking up its properties and placing another column - i can delete it.
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
piton,
We have released a new Hotfix (1040) today, that may fix your problem. If you are on HUN language version, the Hotfix will appear in a few days.
Gergely Kmethy
Wokka
Contributor
This issue still happening.
I just upgraded and this has sent me back to R10 till it's sorted.
No preview in objects and no image in the cutting plane dialog.
( OT Anyone know how to zoom into the cutting planes dialog??)

How long till R12 is released???
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
Learn and get certified!