Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

New Hotfixes for AC 11 and AC 10

Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
We have released a new Hotfix package (1040) for ArchiCAD 11 that fixes two problems that often led to crashes:

- This installer now warns you if you try to install the Hotfix while there is an open session of ArchiCAD11.
- This installer contains an IFC Add-On that prevents crashes that occurred while editing or deleting ArchiCAD elements.

We have also released an ArchiCAD 10 Hotfix (1188) that fixes the Grid Tool problem that grid elements are not showing in sections and elevations. Since Grid Tool is a goodie, and is not part of a standard ArchiCAd 10 installation, you only need to apply this Hotfix if you are using the Grid Tool goodie Add-On.

Both Hotfixes are available through the 'Check for Updates...' Help menu command. Please carefully read the Release Notes before installing.

Greg
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
8 REPLIES 8
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Greg,

is there any chance to fix these two bugs:
1. teamwork:teammate with access to layouts: you can not create a new layout in any folder by drag-and-copy action. Newly created layout does not have the icon in the navigator structure (however you can place drawings on it). After send/receiving the layouts will disappear and content will be lost. This makes TW completely unusable for us as we rely on predefined layout templates. I believe the bug report was filed by GS AU already.

2.significant slowdown (panning and zooming - almost 2-3minutes for 2D refresh) with NVIDIA 6 and 7 series cards on XP when the organizer window is on.
::rk
Karl Ottenstein
Rob wrote:
Greg,
is there any chance to fix these two bugs
Greg is unavailable for a few weeks. But, really, what would you have him say? Of course there's "a chance" to fix the bugs, and I'm sure they are in the bug queue and GS is doing the best they can to manage that queue with the needs of all users in mind.

The two issues you raise seem significant, so hopefully they're higher priority than some other things.

I'm sure they feel the pain of all issues that affect user workflow and will release hotfixes as things get through the development and QA pipeline.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Karl,
I'm sure they are in the bug queue and GS...
I am pretty sure too.. I guess what I was asking is confirmation of the priority...
is doing the best they can to manage that queue with the needs of all users in mind.
I know, I know...and I appreciate...
TomWaltz
Participant
Rob wrote:
1. teamwork:teammate with access to layouts: you can not create a new layout in any folder by drag-and-copy action. Newly created layout does not have the icon in the navigator structure (however you can place drawings on it). After send/receiving the layouts will disappear and content will be lost. This makes TW completely unusable for us as we rely on predefined layout templates. I believe the bug report was filed by GS AU already..
Isn't that what Master Sheets do? Or so you have some other template info?

Even if you did, couldn't you create a new layout normally then copy/paste what you need onto the new layout?
Tom Waltz
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Isn't that what Master Sheets do? Or so you have some other template info?
we have a library parts placed on the template layout which are precisely positioned per each sheet size..eg automatic north has a different position on ISO A1, A2, A3... what's more when I worked for previous company we had the library part that did revisions / issuing / revision history thingy based on MS Excel transmittal spreadsheet, it would be nightmare to reposition all the bits and pieces...

anyway the point is - it should bloody work! as it worked before...
AndorSzoke
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Rob,

In this case as well as with most of the other issues the primary contact should be your reseller. They are primarily responsible for giving technical support for you. We support them with the issues they can't solve and of course with handling bugs, requests. I understand and GS understands that certain bugs may be very critical to particular users. We have to manage the priority of bugs as wee see it affecting most users. Of course we will keep track of these particular issues and make sure (even double check) that the required attention is given to them. I understand that you already submitted the first issue to GS Australia. Could you do the same with the second issue as well? One way or another you will get feedback of these issues soon.

Regards,
AndorSzőke
Product Management
GRAPHISOFT SE
Follow us on Twitter
GRAPHISOFT HelpCenter - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
well, I apologise for my overreacting but the drag&copy layout problem was so unexpected and fundamental that I just got stunned...
I just started at new place and persuaded them to get upgrade from AC9 to AC11... you can imagine my facial expression when I have found out about it and then I had to change two newly set up TW projects back to solo ones... some of my colleagues had that look of Clint Eastwood like you'll bite the dust...soon.
apart from that I do not have any other dramas...
Paul King
Advisor
"gkmethy" wrote:
We have released a new Hotfix package (1040) for ArchiCAD 11 that fixes two problems that often led to crashes:
"gkmethy" wrote:

Sadly the hotfix archived stability at the expense of all useful functionality in the Grid Tool. Tool actually worse than useless now!

User now cannot edit any placed grid object in a meaningful way. Can't change grid number, line style, bubble style or anything else. A definite downgrade.
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop