BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Upsidedown PDF when plotting

Anonymous
Not applicable
For a site plan that I had as a pdf, I created an independent worksheet, then imported the pdf (via 'place external drawing') and added a couple of fills to indicate the structures location. I placed that on the cover sheet layout and everything looked good.

But when I generated the pdf set using the publisher, the imported site plan was upside down while the fills I had added (and everything else on the page) were just where they should be - right side up.

When I created a pdf using the acrobat print driver, it took forever but the site plan was right side up. Obviously, I don't want to have to do that though.

any ideas? thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I finally worked it out today - the pdf had been downloaded from the city and when opened in acrobat, it was sideways. I had rotated it 90d and resaved before importing into AC. Apparently, that threw things off when creating the drawing pdf because I went back and re-downloaded the pdf, left it sideways and then rotated it once it was imported into AC. Now it plots fine.

I don't know why AC was rotating it 180d when plotting when I had only rotated in 90 in acrobat, but now that's it's fixed, I'm not too worried.

I have a related question though - the setting dialog for imported images, drawings, etc. has the filename and path, and choice of absolute or relative path, but if it's set to 'store in the project', are those irrelevent? I would assume that if it's stored in the project, I could delete or move the source file and the AC file would be unchanged - is that right?

thanks!
I got this same effect when I placed a PDF that was simply generated in landscape mode (just an Excel spreadsheet) prior to placing in AC. The Amyuni PDF creator made a mess of it. Unfortunately, I didn't didn't discover it until the job had had been printed and submitted to the City.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Brett Brown
Advocate
Having the exact same problem. My PDF site plan placed on a view, added lines fills etc, published to printer, everything how it should be. But when I publish to PDF the placed PDF drawing rotates 180 degrees. All lines fills etc ok. The placed PDF drawing site plan opens in Adobe how it should be. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Brett wrote:
Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?
Using the buggy Amyuni print driver.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
When I had this issue, the problem was that I had rotated the pdf in acrobat, then saved it and inserted into AC. When I went back and got the original file, left it as it was, then inserted it and rotated it in AC, the problem went away.

I wonder it there is a way to "reset" the rotation. Maybe if you have acrobat you could try saving the pdf as another file type then converting it back to a pdf?

edit - I suppose as a last resort you could rotate the pdf (but not your fills, etc.) 180d in AC and then try publishing again. In theory it will rotate the pdf back to the desired position.... doesn't fix the problem, of course, but if you're time-crunched....
Learn and get certified!