BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Double plan display when switching views

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've noticed an error a few times - see screen shot. when swopping between plan views - in this case electrical & RCP viewsets AC11 displays both plans simultaneously.

Normally double clicking the desired view set a second time clears the problem.

Anyone else have this problem? Graphics card? AC11?
A glitch in the matrix?

Plan double.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does this happen when trace is turned on?
Anonymous
Not applicable
No - just when changing between viewsets.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I would suspect this is a graphics card issue, because what seems to happen is there are "artifacts" remaining on the screen after a View change. Sometimes it happens on my computer, too. A Redraw or Rebuild usually solves it, but sometimes I need to restart ArchiCAD or even the system.
Fairly rarely happens, though.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Maybe a Rebuild & Regenerate would help? Do this by holding down the Alt key when accessing your Rebuild menu item.

Brief run down on Rebuild & Regenerate:

What you see on the display (the lines, fills, textures) is stored in a database. When you modify something on the screen (edit an element or zoom in, etc.) you actually modify this database. A rebuild makes these modifications appear on screen. Of course, Editing, zoom, etc. automatically triggers a rebuild, so usually you do not have to initiate it manually. If you hit rebuild, you make sure that the display is coherent with the screen database. It usually clears the type of errors when you move something and it does not show, or there are ghost lines that should not be there, etc.

Rebuild and Regenerate throws the screen database away, and builds a new one. If you hit rebuild and regenerate, you avoid the type of bugs that fail to refresh the screen database. It usually clears the type of errors when a change in the settings or elements' parameters does not show.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!