BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Artlantis R in UAE?

Anonymous
Not applicable
A request specifically aimed at Djordie
Hi Djordie- I have just returned to design after a couple of years in project management-enjoying using archicad again but desperately need to purchase Artlantis R- where can I get this in Abu Dhabi or Dubai?. I can organise to be bought and sent up from Sydney but I don't have the time-the client likes my design but needs to sell it to his partners. Hope you can help.
Thanks
Harry Monaghan
PTW
Practice Director Middle East
5 REPLIES 5
Djordje
Ace
monarch wrote:
A request specifically aimed at Djordie
Hi Djordie- I have just returned to design after a couple of years in project management-enjoying using archicad again but desperately need to purchase Artlantis R- where can I get this in Abu Dhabi or Dubai?. I can organise to be bought and sent up from Sydney but I don't have the time-the client likes my design but needs to sell it to his partners. Hope you can help.
Thanks
Harry Monaghan
PTW
Practice Director Middle East
Hi Harry!

Contact atOne, the Middle East distributor. You will find their contacts on Where to buy link on the main Graphisoft page.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Djordie
Thanks for that- have contacted atOne and they can have the cd to me in 10days. Meanwhile I have downloaded the demo and using that for now- I have a problem and here may not be the best place to ask but no matter how I try I cannot get Artlantis to cast shadows- even in preview window. I am a long tern user of Artantis so R seems familiar. I have checked every available box to cast shadows. Any clues.?
Thanks
Harry
Djordje
Ace
monarch wrote:
I cannot get Artlantis to cast shadows- even in preview window. I am a long tern user of Artantis so R seems familiar. I have checked every available box to cast shadows. Any clues.?
Hmmm ...

You are right, those questions should be asked on Artlantis forums. Make sure that your lights cast shadows, and that your preview (rendering settings too) are set to display shadows.

R is quite different from 4.5 and before, but I am sure you will find your way around Go through the tutorials - they are quite good!
Djordje

HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
You were right!- I opened up the file the next day and 'viola' it cast shadows!? Not sure what I did but happy with the result- and it is faaast.
My first high-rise in Abu Dhabi attached. Looking forward to upgrading to Archicad 11 but for now 8.5 is like putting on an old pair of slippers-comfortable.
Djordje
Ace
Good

Check your private messages ...
Djordje

HP Omen
Learn and get certified!