Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Change line type sort order in the pop-up palete

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi folks,

Other day I was improving my template file and notice that the line types were sorted by the creation date in the pop-up selection palettes...
But I wanted to sort them by my own criteria.
I made a search in the forum for some information in this matter and got no results...

So I solved this issue by using the following procedure:
1. Open the attribute manager
2. Select all the line types in the template file
3. Append them to the right side column (To save them temporarily)
4. Delete all the line types in the file (left column)
5. Select all the "Saved" line types sorted by "Name" (right column)
6. Append them back to the file
7. Confirm and save the operation in the attribute manager and close it
8. That's it!

Now the line types will be shown in the pop-up palette sorted in alphabetical order.

**Note that this procedure should only be used for setting up a template from scratch.
If you use it in an rolling project it will mess with previous line type definitions in objects and tools... (Thanks for Tom's advice)
4 REPLIES 4
TomWaltz
Participant
Doesn't that change the Attribute number, possibly messing with object/composite default linetypes?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
Doesn't that change the Attribute number, possibly messing with object/composite default linetypes?
You are right Tom. I made some tests and it really messes previous linetypes definition... I guess its really not a good tip...
Maybe I should delete this post to avoid trouble with people's work, what do you think?
TomWaltz
Participant
It could be useful if you are setting up a template from scratch. I would not use it on a project that is under way.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good point... I'll add a note in the post talking about this.

Thanks for the feedback!