Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Site Plan- Meets and Bounds

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you enter meets and bounds for site plan? I have a hand drawn survey and want to enter it into AC9.
28 REPLIES 28
Scott Bulmer
Booster
In Project Preferences>Working Units & Levels select 'Surveyor's Unit' under Angle Unit. When drawing your boundary lines start the line from know endpoint, enter 'R' distance & 'A' angle in Surveyor's Units.
That should work.
Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Rakela Raul
Participant
and if you suffer from an addiction to addons, cadimage.com has a tool for that
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you guys know if there is a way to set Project North?

Or is there such a thing?

I want my building to sit a certain way on my screen and my site lines to lay the way they should in relation to the house.

I can just draw up the property lines and then raotate it to sit correctly with my house. I was just wondering if there was a "correct" way to do this.

~~Thanks~~
Scott Bulmer
Booster
View > 3D View Mode > Project Settings > More Sun ...Project North
I think. Let me know if there is another way.
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also, when I use surveyors units it doesn't seem to send my lines at the angle I type in, it just goes to where ever my mouse is.

Before I read this and I was using the degrees minutes seconds for units and it was giving me angles, still not correctly really though, but I might just be putting them in wrong.

also- what s the format I should be inputting?

I have been doing DEGREE space X'X"

Right?
Scott Bulmer
Booster
I think you need to turn on your tracker for the angle entry to work properly, not sure.

I haven't done this in a while, but think either a space or minus sign as separators should be fine when entering surveyors units.
Anonymous
Not applicable
My tracker was on to enter anlges,

But ALL OF A SUDDEN! i am getting an option for the NSEW directions in the angle input options in the tracker now.
Weird.
Still dont think it is working right though.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jess

For boundary angles, guide your cursor parallel to north, hit A (for angle) enter the value, hit - (minus) then ENTER. You can enter angles with spaces between degrees, minutes and seconds. eg. 120 16 55 = 120deg 16' 55"

You can do this before or after D or R for length of boundary.
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
Jess

For boundary angles, guide your cursor parallel to north, hit A (for angle) enter the value, hit - (minus) then ENTER. You can enter angles with spaces between degrees, minutes and seconds. eg. 120 16 55 = 120deg 16' 55"

You can do this before or after D or R for length of boundary.
Running my cursor parallell to North ..... is that going to set my North?
Or what is that for?

And then when I enter the coordinates like you said- should I have my units set at "Surveyor's" or "Degrees Minutes Seconds"?
And do you knwo how I got the Angle to say " S10 30' 57"E "
?? And to let me type it in that way- and is that teh way I want to do it?