BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Combined Navigator/Organiser

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since they're so similar anyway why can't GS just combine them? I prefer to use the Organiser to navigate as it's more versatile, but can't plot from the organiser if I'm plotting more than 1 drawing.

The disadvantage of the organiser is of course it's wider than the navigator and therefore takes up more drawing space, a simple solution would be to provide a tab that closes/opens to make it narrow or full width.

It's not much of a variation but would make things easier for people who're new to AC.
10 REPLIES 10
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I agree that it makes more sense to use the Organizer if you can afford the real estate. I never understood why we had to switch from the Navigator to the Organizer, but then there's a lot about both that I can't understand why they function the way they do.

Anyway, I would like to see a Navigator that continued to expand into as many panes as we wanted. Simple and useful.

Why can't you plot more than one sheet from the Organizer? Can't you select as many items as you like and choose to Publish selected items only?

Cheers,
Link.
Barry Kelly
Link wrote:
Why can't you plot more than one sheet from the Organizer? Can't you select as many items as you like and choose to Publish selected items only?
Make sure you don't have both Navigator and Organizer open at the same time.
If you do then printing selected (I guess this would be the same for plotting) will print what is selected in the Navigator and not the Organizer.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Not sure I follow Barry:

Publishing from the Navigator will publish what is selected in the Navigator;
Publishing from the Organizer will publish what is selected in the Organizer;
Printing/Plotting from the Menu/Toolbar/keyboard shortcut will print the active viewpoint.

No?

Cheers,
Link.
Barry Kelly
Link wrote:
Not sure I follow Barry:

Publishing from the Navigator will publish what is selected in the Navigator;
Publishing from the Organizer will publish what is selected in the Organizer;
Printing/Plotting from the Menu/Toolbar/keyboard shortcut will print the active viewpoint.

No?

Cheers,
Link.
Publishing - yes as you stated.
Printing/plotting from the menu - no.
Look carefully and one of the options is to print "Selected items in Navigator".
If you have both open it uses the navigator selection.
If you have just the organizer open then it uses that selection even though it still says "Selected items in Navigator".
At least this is what I have found to be the case but 99 times out of 100 I will publish and not use the menus.
Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Barry wrote:
Look carefully and one of the options is to print "Selected items in Navigator".
I must be going blind - I can't see this option anywhere!

Cheers,
Link.
Link,
You need to actually be in a layout. Then when you select multiple layouts, you'll see it in the Print dialog.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Barry Kelly
Link wrote:
Barry wrote:
I must be going blind - I can't see this option anywhere!

Cheers,
Link.
This is from File > Print, but there is similar in Plot.
Seems things are different now than they were.
You can only select layouts in the navigator.
If you select in the Organizer or have both navigator and organizer open this option is now greyed out.
I'm sure it wasn't in earlier builds.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Aha! I see it now. I've never printed this way before, opting for the Publisher method instead, but it looks like GS have 'fixed' it, as only they know how!

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes, the whole printing only what is selected in the navigator was my main problem to begin with..
Learn and get certified!