BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Converting hatch/ fill into zone

maurotrotta
Booster

Is there a way to use the outline of a fill for defining a zone? It would be very useful when working with imported 2D files from other programs like autocad. I tried exploding the fill to have only the outline but the result is always that there is not closed polygon around the clicked point. Then I have to end up clicking every corner of the room to define the zone which is very time consuming. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
maurotrotta
Booster

I actually found out what I was missing. I just needed to explode the fill and then select the outline and click on the zone boundary option of the polyline setting. Then I can select the zone tool, select constructing method inner edge and just click inside the outline.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Magic Wand Tool.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Gortz
Booster

I see two options.

1. Fills cannot be Zone Boundary, but lines can. Maybe you can Magic Wand the fills with Zone Boundary lines and then use "Inner edge" as geometry method for putting out zones. 

2. You place your 2D drawing on a worksheet and use the fills as trace and use "Manual" geometry method and place the zones with Magic Wand command.

Solution
maurotrotta
Booster

I actually found out what I was missing. I just needed to explode the fill and then select the outline and click on the zone boundary option of the polyline setting. Then I can select the zone tool, select constructing method inner edge and just click inside the outline.

Learn and get certified!