Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

No Floor Type shown

Anonymous
Not applicable
I took the default ArchiCAD 11 new project template with standart profile. Made a zone - where in <Floor Type> I typed my floor number - for example 14. So - the next step - I took Lists -> Zones -> Rooms/Zone Categories (AC11_INT) - and in calculated list - there is all data in all listed columns excep Floor type column - which is just empty. So where is my number 14 of my floor type?
8 REPLIES 8
Karl Ottenstein
OskarsDzenis wrote:
I took the default ArchiCAD 11 new project template with standart profile. Made a zone - where in <Floor Type> I typed my floor number - for example 14. So - the next step - I took Lists -> Zones -> Rooms/Zone Categories (AC11_INT) - and in calculated list - there is all data in all listed columns excep Floor type column - which is just empty. So where is my number 14 of my floor type?
You can customize any list scheme or element schedule (previously called 'interactive schedules'). You need to add the fields that you want to see. In particular, some fields are part of the element (tool) - while other fields depend upon the actual library part associated with the tool (objects, windows, doors, zones and such). In this case, the chosen Zone Stamp 'stores' the additional data, and you have to specify the fields to be displayed.

Attached is a simply zone schedule that shows the floor finish code associated with the Zone Identifier 11 zone stamp. Not sure if this will be the same zone stamp you see in your localized or INT version. Unlike a list, this report can be edited like a spreadsheet, updating data for the zones.

The only real plus of the older list schemes that you were looking at is that they can be published as text files that can be imported or linked to by an Excel or an external database for further processing.

The next post has a screenshot showing how the schedule was set up.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Here is the setup. From Scheme Settings, click Create New, give it a name, and set the Criteria to filter just zones.

Under Fields, expand Zone and choose the fields you want clicking 'Add'. Dragging on the double-headed arrows to the left of the Schedule Fields entries lets you reposition this into the order that you want. You can create subtotals and more - explained in older posts on this forum and in the Help.

To get stamp-specific fields (floor finish code in your case), click the 'Additional Parameters' button, then find the zone stamp you used and then locate the parameter associated with that code, click Add and click OK as shown.

Karl
schedule.png
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl wrote:
The only real plus of the older list schemes that you were looking at is that they can be published as text files that can be imported or linked to by an Excel or an external database for further processing.
[That can be done with element schedules too!]
Karl Ottenstein
Ignacio wrote:
Karl wrote:
[That can be done with element schedules too!]
Duh. Thanks, Ignacio. You're right of course.

Karl
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:

Hello Karl,

I am a keen user of element schedules, but like to point out some more benefits when using the older list schemes;

With the older list schemes the results are not limited to a table format as the element schedules (still) are. Here's an example where a listed door object has a dimensioned drawing and min/max glass area etc. calculations included automatically. I think this can't be done with
element schedules. As well the element schedules' content can't be formatted or tweaked on cell by cell basis as you can with lists and templates.

In addition the list schemes are library parts, so automatically included and updated among design files using the same library. No need to export / import XML-files between projects to get calculations uniformed.

Just hoping GS busy times with this matter, as I think element schedules would benefit greatly having these features.

Best regards, Juha
Karl Ottenstein
Juha wrote:
Here's an example where a listed door object has a dimensioned drawing and min/max glass area etc. calculations included automatically.
Hei Juha,

That's impressive. Would you mind describing how this was done - perhaps in a fresh thread?

Kiitoksia,
Karl
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I'll try to make a tiny library containing just
the most essential code for clarity and post it.

Regards, Juha
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Another example of the use of the old calculation capabilities:
The text and line items appearing on the page were all generated automatically by the listing functionality of ArchiCAD.
ApartmentList.png
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27