BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Group Hotspots?

architect
Booster

I'm using hotspots to define offsets in my file (since they don't print). Is there a way to group them, so that when I edit them on one elevation/section view, they will change on the others?

architect_0-1710962525936.png

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based

3 REPLIES 3
Ricardo Lopez
Advocate

Sorry @architect 

Could you be more specific with your need? I believe hotspots can indeed be grouped: select them and go to Menu Edit> Grouping> Group

If you want them to appear in other view maybe they could be cut and pasted in place as a group...

Regards. -

M. Arch. Ricardo López
BIM Consultant | Project Solutions and Services | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI WE75 9TK, 32GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000
Karl Ottenstein

What you seem to be asking isn't about grouping (which is possible with hotspots), but rather how you can have hotspots that appear in multiple elevations in a way that if you modify them in one, they are modified in all.  Is that right?

If I guessed correctly, the easiest (?) way to accomplish what you want is via an independent Worksheet that has just the hotspots... and then to use that Worksheet as your trace reference for the sections.  Start by copying your current hotspots to the clipboard, then paste them into the worksheet.   Using the Trace/Reference palette, and the Worksheet active, open the section that you pasted them from as the reference (ghosted).  Rather than deal with readjusting the origin to align things, select all of the hotspots and drage one of them to snap to the corresponding one on the section.  Use the 'switch' button in the T/R palette to make the section active with the Worksheet the reference and delete the hotspots from the section.  You should see them gray (default ref color) and snappable.  With your other sections/elevations, just set that hotspot worksheet as your trace reference.   Any time you need to change the hotspots - that it appears you're using for aligning annotation etc - just edit the one worksheet.

PS. Note that if you are doing all of this to make your drawings look nice on layout sheets, that using the layout sheet itself for the trace reference - which is typically useful in almost all cases at times - can also achieve somewhat what you want as hotspots in the master for the layout will all be snappable when the layout is the trace reference (the drawing is automatically aligned with its locatoin on the layout).

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Or you could save the group of Hotspots as a Library Part and place it in all Elevations.

If it needs to be changed, you can change it in the Library Part, resave it, and all placed instances will update.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Setup info provided by author

Learn and get certified!