BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Inverted Orientation in Archicad's Automatic Door and Window Schedules

Leandro Paganelli
Participant

Hello fellow Archicad users,

I hope this message finds you well. I have been working with Archicad 25 in Portuguese (BR). However, I have encountered a minor issue related to the automatic door and window schedules, specifically regarding the display of orientation.

In my project, I have noticed that the orientation of doors and windows in the schedules appears to be inverted. While I understand that the actual orientation of the elements is correct, the way it is displayed in the schedules is causing confusion.

I have thoroughly searched the software's settings and preferences, but I have not been able to find a specific option to modify this aspect of the schedules. It is possible that I may have overlooked something, or there might be a workaround to achieve the desired display result without altering the actual orientation of the elements.

I kindly request your assistance in guiding me on how to customize the orientation display in the automatic door and window schedules. Any insights, tips, or step-by-step instructions you can provide would be highly appreciated.

Please note that I am using Archicad 25 in Portuguese (BR), so if there are any language-specific instructions or considerations, I would be grateful if you could mention them.

Thank you all in advance for your valuable support. I look forward to your responses and learning more about how to resolve this orientation display issue in Archicad.

Best regards,

Leandro

1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly

Firstly, there is a Portuguese language version of this community, if you would rather communicate in Portuguese.

I think you will find the schedules are correct.

I don't have Archicad open at the moment, but there are different views you can use in the schedule, I think - view from front/rear, view from opening/other side, view from reveal side?

Look closely and you will see it probably is correct.

You can show images of the schedule settings and the resulting schedule, and probably the door in plan as well, and we can see exactly what you are doing (although there will be the language issue).

Here is one post I made a while ago that explains it.

There have been others too.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Project-data-BIM/door-schedule-3D-preview-not-displaying-correct...

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!