Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Pulling the zone finish information from top surface of floor slab?

Rastko Pecar
Booster

Hello,

I would like to automate the floor finish information of the Zone tool by linking it to the modeled floor slab.

I've created a property that reads the top surface name of the slab and used the split command to extract the part of the information I need (for example, the word "ceramic" from the surface that is named "ceramic - tiles - grey - 60x60).

I've then set up my zone settings to display this surface information as seen in the attached image below.

RastkoPecar_1-1705647776199.png

As you can see on the screenshot, there is no finish information displayed on the Zone stamp on the floor plan. 

So, how do you tell the Zone tool to grab the information from the adjacent slab below?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Xandros
Expert

AFAIK you can't dynamically attach the information of a slab to a zone in ArchiCAD

ArchiCAD 26 GER / Win10
Intel i9-9900K / 64GB RAM / nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
Rastko Pecar
Booster

Okay, thank you.

I kind of assumed that since Archicad schedules have "Related zone name" field that allows you to report - for example - all the finishes in various rooms, that the Zone tool itself can detect and pull information from objects that it envelopes (like furniture and lamps) or is bordering to (walls, slabs ect.).