BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Zone Stamp - Multi Line Room Names & Long Room Names

kevin b
Contributor
We work on a lot of healthcare projects and are constantly coming up against very long room names in small spaces. I have seen a couple of zone stamps that let you get a second line of text (with a slash or double space, etc) but not a third line (or more) and the number of total characters in the room name seems to be limited. Does anyone know of a zone stamp that can do multiple lines of text for the room name and/or is not limited in the number of characters in the name? Or how could this be made/modified by a very novice GDL user?
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
5 REPLIES 5
Aussie John
Newcomer
Open up a zone stamp (that has a second line) and look in the 2d script for the parameter variable which created the additional text. (tip: use the find command in "edit')

You may get some idea of how to add an extra parameter for the third line.

Look in the GDL manual for the text2 command. Also read the part on 2D transformations which allows to move the origin.

Dont forget to remove the transformation after the text2 command (del 1) or things in the later part of the script will be out of place.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to know how to make an additional line in the zone stamp also. The explanation isn't really helping me. Our office doesn't have a GDL manual and I don't have any two-line zone stamps to reference or compare. I've got nothing, please advise.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know the answer specifically, but the GDL reference manual is available on your 'Help' menu in ArchiCAD.

The GDL cookbook 4 is available to download here for free -

http://www.archicad.ca/?p=84#more-84

Hope that's of some use to you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
try typing "\n"where you want a carriage return. This seems to work well on some zones labels
Stress Co_
Advisor
SHADOWCOOKIE wrote:
I need to know how to make an additional line in the zone stamp also.
Read HERE too.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Learn and get certified!