BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

A VERY BIG PROBLEM with my ATI FireGL V7100 Video Card

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all,

I use an HP XW8200 (2*3.4 Ghz, 2 GB Ram, ATI FireGL V7100) Workstation, And It seems when I work in ArchiCAD on 3D, the program get stuck for a few seconds every time I try to change the point of view or modify an element.

Have anyone encountered a problem like this?

For the record:
A. I've installed the latest driver of the FireGLL V7100 (also tried older versions) which I downloaded few days ago.
B. I also Use this Computer and others with Nvidia Quadro FX 1400\3450\1500 and everything is wonderful.

HELP PLEASE!
Thanks in advance
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Forgot to mention I use Windows XP 32bit
Anonymous
Not applicable
What operating system and version of archicad are you using ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
AC v.11
Win XP 32bit sp2
Dwight
Newcomer
Assuming that you are trying to navigate in OpenGL on something more than a simple model, it DOES take some time to load the model. This is not related to the graphic card, but disk and CPU speed. Experiment with a RAM disk to eliminate the hard drive
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Again, same computer with a Quadro FX 1400(128mb) works much faster than with a FireGL V7100(256mb).
It gets stuck even with a small building (3 floor, about 150 meters each floor)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know about the FireGL but the ATI cards (or drivers) in general seem to be problematic with 3D CAD apps. The ATI in my laptop has the broken glass problem (still) in Leopard and NavisWorks is unusable running in Boot Camp (curiously it is OK in VMware Fusion).

I realize this isn't much help but the GeForce 8800 GT in my Mac Pro runs great in all OSs (OS X as well as Vista 32 & 64, XP 32 booted native and as VM) and it's not very expensive. So far it doens't seem that the Quadro is worth the huge premium.
Anonymous
Not applicable
any other help? how can i contact archicad programmers to check if they have a solution?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Graphisoft's response?

I still have the problem and the computer stands without working
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Have you tested the card with the graphics card compatibility test file?
If it shows problems then the card or its driver is the culprit.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!