Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC10; 3D Window garbage

Scott Bulmer
Booster
Very excited to commence using AC10, however attached illustrates my typical 3D window image. AC9 still works great in 3D. I played around with the image settings and reboots without luck. ALSO, I have no attention/warning sounds even though other programs produce sound. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
6 REPLIES 6
Dwight
Newcomer
I encountered this occasionally through the beta process.

Always seemed to clear up after CLOSING the 3D window and rebuilding from scratch.
Dwight Atkinson
For the sound, Work Environment>More Options>Enable Archicad sounds.

No idea on the 3D window but it looks like a graphics card issue. Is this the same with both OpenGL and internal engines? In the OpenGL engine, you might try disabling (or enabling) the "Ignore hardware acceleration" feature in the "options" of the 3D Window Settings for the OpenGL engine.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Richard,
Per your suggestion, the alerts are back on! Thank you so much!

I have tried both the Internal as well as Open GL engines with the same result, including the 'ignore hardware acceleration'. This happens when the Orbit button is activated.

Dwight,
If you get a moment, what did you mean by "rebuild from scratch?"

Thanks both,
Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Dwight
Newcomer
Close the 3D view completely.
Reselect the camera view and "Rebuild"
see attached.
Dwight Atkinson
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Dwight wrote:
Close the 3D view completely.
Reselect the camera view and "Rebuild"
Phew! I was hoping that's what you meant. It worked in doing so! Now back to attempting to understand the new menu structure.

Thanks so much,
Scott
Dwight
Newcomer
Haha.
You thought "Rebuild the model from scratch" to mean replace the elments on-by-one.
Haha.
That option is always there, I guess.
Dwight Atkinson