Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

ArchiCAD START DOES NOT SUPPORT TWINMOTION

rj90
Contributor

This is just a warning to anyone wishing to purchase ArchiCAD START edition. I was falsely told by Graphisoft that START supports Twinmotion but after failing to install the Datasmith Plugin and manually installing it over and over again, I got this official response from Epic:

(Epic Games)

Thank you for contacting Twinmotion Support.

Unfortunately, at this time we have found that there are issues that are preventing the manual installation of the Archicad Datasmith plugin. This prevents installing the plugin through any means other than the installer, making it impossible to install the plugin for Archicad START. We are working with Archicad to find a solution for this issue but unfortunately, until we can find a solution, it won't be possible to use Datasmith with Archicad START.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Best,

​​​​​​​Raghib

Operating system used: Windows 10

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Eduardo Rolon

Are you able to export/save using FBX from the 3D Window. If so that means that you don't need the Datasmith plugin since FBX is the "native" file and some users prefer using it instead of the "official" plugin.

Regardless I agree that GS has to be clear on this.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

View solution in original post

Solution

Apparently Start 2024 can open/save FBX file.

BarryKelly_0-1713936287270.png

So at least you have that option.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
Eduardo Rolon

Are you able to export/save using FBX from the 3D Window. If so that means that you don't need the Datasmith plugin since FBX is the "native" file and some users prefer using it instead of the "official" plugin.

Regardless I agree that GS has to be clear on this.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Mathias Jonathan
Advocate

Graphisoft will discontinue Archicad Start after the release of the 2024 Edition Here is the news 

So I don't think there will be development on this subject.

Not sure. I will have a look at this tonight. If not, I will just ask for a refund on the software because I specifically told my sales representative that this was of importance to me, and he said to me that Twinmotion works fine. Then I had someone suggest from the team to use START 22 instead because it works on that edition... pretty pathetic. 

Yeah i'm regretting my purchase to be honest. Will most likely just asked for a refund.
Their aggressive pricing and price increases each year made me resolves to this cheaper version.
I feel very cheated by the company because I was quoted for the full version a couple years back whilst studying at Holmesglen and the price they wanted this year was 50% more (i'm not kidding) than what was quoted before. And then I was sold this version after being promised Twinmotion support and I've wasted many hours trying to solve the issue and have gotten nowhere. 

Solution

Apparently Start 2024 can open/save FBX file.

BarryKelly_0-1713936287270.png

So at least you have that option.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

IIRC students/recent grads get a discount on the full version of AC so that might be the difference.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Setup info provided by author