BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom Window/Door Panel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I am having trouble creating a custom window panel.
I believe the problem is right at the start, when I try to save as a custom component.
As when I do use the custom window panel option it just wants to save a an object type gsm.
Any ideas?

Thanks
Oliver
3 REPLIES 3
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
What exactly are you trying to do? Do you want to save an entire window or just a window panel?

The latter is to be used as a panel in an existing window. You just need to save it in the AC10 Library for it to work.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
polgo wrote:
Hi,

I believe the problem is right at the start, when I try to save as a custom component.
As when I do use the custom window panel option it just wants to save a an object type gsm.
Any ideas?
Dennis Lee wrote
"For me, as long as I save as "Custom Component", I can save it in my project library or office library - and it works beautifully. I don't even have to reload any library. Also, the name of the custom panel will be in a drop down list to choose from. I don't have to type them in."

folow link below to see all comments
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=4332&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=10
Anonymous
Not applicable
polgo wrote:
Hi,

Any ideas?
All of a sudden AC11 (MacIntel 1114) no longer shows up the save option for Custom Window (or Door) Panels and Custom DW Hardw Component, . I've tried New&Reset, deleting Preferences and Repair from the CD : no solution. Only a fresh installation did solve this issue. I've just checked my AC10 installation with the same result. What am I doing wrong?
Learn and get certified!