BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Door & Window Marker creation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Folks,

Not being happy with the default door/window markers in Archicad and Cadimage I would like to turn my old autocad marker (see attached) into a Gdl object that can be linked to Cadimage door/window builder for A15.

Is it possible for the ID text to recognize the storey level aswell as the item number. eg. GF - ground floor. D01

As I haven't yet delved into the GDL world, would it be difficult for me to create this object and how would i do it. Even better does anyone know if i can download one like it.

Thanks All

Kind Regards

Ross

WINDOW SCHEDULE.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Ross:

This is possible (at least for ArchiCAD Doors, I don't know about the Cadimage door/window builder, whether it plays nice with GDL). With GDL the Story information can be requested and utilized (see REQUEST function in the GDL Manual, page 303). This text would not be part of the ID but a separate text item added to the marker. I generally recommend taking an existing door/window marker that is close to what you want to achieve, making a copy, then editing the copy to fit your purpose. This does take GDL knowledge, and many of the ArchiCAD markers use Macros, so understanding them well enough to make non destructive edits is difficult. If you search the forum you will find advice about diving into GDL.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Karl Ottenstein
David/others helping Ross: all windows (or doors) made with the Cadimage product are instance of a single complex window (or door) object. As such, they are labeled identically to any other library window/door.

So, customizing an existing window/door marker via your suggestion is the way to go. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ross,

maybe you like my Total Marker. It does have he the ability to show as square or circle with division line and to show ID. But it can either show the storynumber or a custom text like GF

Edit: I must add that the Total Marker has not been written for the CAD image D&W, but the ID and story numbers are standard global items.
Learn and get certified!