BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How to Remove Object in Library Loading Report

Brad Elliott
Booster
Hello,
I am trying to create a new clean working Template for ArchiCAD 12. I started with a new & reset file and brought my previous template information over. I then started getting this error. Since this is an AC 12 Library part and it works fine how can I find what is generating this error so I can remove it. I like my template files to load cleanly so that it is obvious when something goes wrong. Otherwise it is too easy to just close the window.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you try File->Libraries and objects->Library manager to find this thing and remove it from the list of current loaded libraries?
Brad Elliott
Booster
Yes I have but it doesn't show up in the Library Manager. There is nothing in the Libraries/Objects not found folder. I can't figure out where to locate it.
M1 Macbook Pro
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Brad wrote:
Yes I have but it doesn't show up in the Library Manager. There is nothing in the Libraries/Objects not found folder. I can't figure out where to locate it.
It wouldn't be if it's been removed.

This looks like an old MSA detailer part. It probably resides on a detail or a worksheet. In any case, turn on all your layers and with the Object tool active, go to each and every window and hit ctrl/cmd+A and watch your Info Box for results.

I must add, that this does not look like a good start for a clean template.

Cheers,
Link.
Karl Ottenstein
Link wrote:
This looks like an old MSA detailer part. It probably resides on a detail or a worksheet. In any case, turn on all your layers and with the Object tool active, go to each and every window and hit ctrl/cmd+A and watch your Info Box for results.
Exactly. That library part was discontinued in AC 9, and was replaced by DET_Wood (if I remember the right name). It is probably in an unlinked section or detail window containing the old MSA 'palettes', or perhaps as a Favorite. (Since 9, all of previously MSA-prefixed parts have been prefixed with DET.)

This is something unique to the US library, for anyone outside the US reading...

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Stress Co_
Advisor
Link wrote:
In any case, turn on all your layers and with the Object tool active, go to each and every window and hit ctrl/cmd+A and watch your Info Box for results.
I WISH there were a better way.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Having an object, door, window, zone or linked property as default on tools also reports if missing from loaded libraries.
Brad Elliott
Booster
Thanks all, I found it. It was in an unlinked orphaned detail. Part of why it's good to review the templates.

Now all I need is a new project
M1 Macbook Pro
Learn and get certified!