BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.
SOLVED!

Shortcut for upload license

Jose Gradoli
Booster

Hello,

We have a study with three architects and two archicad licenses. Normal workflow in the studio does not require additional licensing because like other architects we do lot of things besides projecting in Archicad. The fact is that the licensing system is not practical at all in our case because it requires releasing a license before exiting the program, and many times we close archicad without releasing the license.

When working in teamwork and you want to leave arhicad there is the option to send and save and additionally send, save and deliver everything.
Could a shortcut be created to do something similar with the license upload? That is, when you close Archicad, the application asks you additional options:  if you want to save and close, save, close and deliver everything, and in addition to those two options, upload the license.

www.formaarquitectura.com
ARCHICAD 25 SPA
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

Unfortunately with a software licence, you must return it (release it) to the company pool when you no longer require it.

That is why I still like the hardware keys - just unplug and then plug it in another machine.

But you then have the risk of losing it and if someone else wants to use it, you have to be physically close to give it to them.

Network licenses are the best in an office situation.

Your problem has been solved now with the new 'cloud' licenses.

You don't have to release them but you can request them from another machine and it will stop working on the previous machine automatically.

However the downside with these new cloud licenses is they will only work for version 27 and future versions (version 26 might work as well - or maybe this is a future update - I can't remember).

Older versions (25 and before) can not use cloud licensing.

I think it is also only available for new license purchases, I am not sure if you can convert an existing license over to a cloud license.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Barry Kelly

Unfortunately with a software licence, you must return it (release it) to the company pool when you no longer require it.

That is why I still like the hardware keys - just unplug and then plug it in another machine.

But you then have the risk of losing it and if someone else wants to use it, you have to be physically close to give it to them.

Network licenses are the best in an office situation.

Your problem has been solved now with the new 'cloud' licenses.

You don't have to release them but you can request them from another machine and it will stop working on the previous machine automatically.

However the downside with these new cloud licenses is they will only work for version 27 and future versions (version 26 might work as well - or maybe this is a future update - I can't remember).

Older versions (25 and before) can not use cloud licensing.

I think it is also only available for new license purchases, I am not sure if you can convert an existing license over to a cloud license.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

I have SSA and installed an Archicad 27 license, but it's installed for testing projects. ¿How can I know if I'm using those newer cloud licenses or not?

www.formaarquitectura.com
ARCHICAD 25 SPA

If you purchased you license before September, then it will not be a cloud license.

If you have to manually upload the license to your company pool, then it is a software license.

You should be able to tell in the License Manager.

Or if you are the company admin for your licenses, log into GrapisoftID website and you can see all of your licenses there.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!