BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Adding a new plan to Navigator

lagodue
Newcomer
How do I add a new plan to Navigator Plan folder?
The default Navigator plan folder will not accept a plan (Electrical) that I created. This should be a simple matter of drag and drop - what am I missing here?
"Bob" - Church of the Sub-Genius
Graphisoft afficionado since 1993
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure what you are doing wrong from your description.

The simplest procedure for creating electrical plans (or other views) is to set the layer combo, scale, etc. as desired, and drag the stories from the Navigator Project Map into a View Set using the side-by-side View Editor palette.
Anonymous
Not applicable
In Navigator, select 'View Sets', and select 'Quick Views' on the bar below that. Then click on the unmarked button with the arrow to the right hand side. Click on 'Save Current View'.
lagodue
Newcomer
I have created a new folder called "Plans" and I can readily put my various Plan types here - Construction, RCP. Elec, etc. The graphic on this folder is simply the folder graphic.
However, within Navigator there is another kind of default Plan folder, and the graphic on the folder is a little plan-shaped thingy. This is the folder that I can't place new plans into.
Anonymous
Not applicable
lagodue wrote:
I have created a new folder called "Plans" and I can readily put my various Plan types here - Construction, RCP. Elec, etc. The graphic on this folder is simply the folder graphic.
However, within Navigator there is another kind of default Plan folder, and the graphic on the folder is a little plan-shaped thingy. This is the folder that I can't place new plans into.
Sounds like a plan view has been named "plan folder". How about a screen shot?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Forgive me if I am misunderstanding, but it sounds like you are trying to put another plan into the Project Map side of navigator, not the View Sets side. Is this correct?
If so, as I understand it, you cannot add another plan to the Project Map navigator as this is actually showing stories, not individual plans (you've still only got one first floor), whereas the View Sets side shows the combinations of stories, layers, display options to create different views of the appropriate storey (first floor plan, first floor RCP, first floor elec. etc.)

Have I understood correctly, or am I on the wrong side of the world again?
Barry Kelly
lagodue wrote:
The folder with the graphic in it is a "Cloned" folder and you can not add to it as you wish.
It will contain a view for each storey you have in the model and will update automatically as you add or delete storeys in the model.

You can however redefine the folder (and I believe the individual storey views) so you have the layer combination, scale & drawing options that you want.

Nor can you delete any part of it as it will all delete.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
lagodue
Newcomer
Barry
Sounds like you got the right stuff here - send in the clones.

Does anyone know the logic behind the clones? Isn't there something unethical about using them?
Anonymous
Not applicable
lagodue wrote:
Does anyone know the logic behind the clones? Isn't there something unethical about using them?
I believe the purpose of the clone folders is to maintain duplicate sets of views to serve different purposes (print vs publish to DWG for example). But I have never had the need to use them myself, so I'm not sure.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We use the clone option for our Section/Elevation folder, but none other. I find this works well for us because if I need to add additional section or elevation cuts/markers, it automatically adds those views to my view set and are then there when preparing for printing and when I import into Plotmaker.
Learn and get certified!