BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can SEO be used in complex object???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,
I've a SEO question, is in what condition or element can be use SEO?
I've try subtract a sphere(object) to a slab,it's work but when I try a bottle(object) to cut the slab, it's not work, Is that bottle too complex??

Or Is any way to do if I want a hole cut in slab like bottle mould in slab,
not noly cut bottle shape in slab.

javascript:emoticon(':(') sorry I know I explain not well, but hope you guys
can understand.
THANS A LOT
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
The only 3D elements that cannot be used as operators in SEOs are planar or surface (non-solid) models. For example, you can't cut with a zero thickness slab. Some library parts may not be true solids. That could be the case with your bottle.

I have found some limits on the complexity in the SEOs, but they have become more and more robust with each release. They can handle some pretty extreme complexity now so I doubt that's your problem. The only place I have seen any problems with this lately is with complex operations on intricate site models. They also won't work if the solids don't close properly such as with self crossing slabs, roofs, etc.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
tina_yi wrote:
Or Is any way to do if I want a hole cut in slab like bottle mould in slab, not noly cut bottle shape in slab.
Are you trying to make something like the attached image?
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you do that?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh, while we're on the subject here:
Can you NOT use column as SEOs?

Seems to me I can not.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Jesikuh123 wrote:
Oh, while we're on the subject here:
Can you NOT use column as SEOs?

Seems to me I can not.
No you cannot use columns to SEO walls, but you can use columns and SEOs on other model solids.

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve, but with columns you do have choices in its settings box for how the column will relate to a wall. Also Layer priorities.

HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you do that?
Execute hole of using Solid element Operations, possible in two ways.
Install object depending on necessary depth hole…

Way 1
Operation Subtraction: the Wall- Get Target Elements, Object - Get Operator Elements > Execute
Operation Intersection: the Wall - Get Operator Elements , Object - Get Target Elements> Execute
Way 2
We create a new layer: Document> Layers> Layer settings (Model views) > New (Named, for example, Object)> OK. Object selections settings > Layer the create object on this layer – Object.
Solid element Operations:
Operation Subtraction: the Wall- Get Target Element, Object - Get Operator Elements>Execute
Document> Layers> Layer settings (Model views) > Hide - the Layer Object
P.S. Important, with what of Tools the object was created.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Solid element Operations demands considerable resources of the computer (processor), according to time at calculation, especially, when OBJECT of the difficult form. In this plan, the Way 2 favourably differs.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve, but with columns you do have choices in its settings box for how the column will relate to a wall. Also Layer priorities.

HTH
I am not sure that I am trying to acheive anything really, just understanding.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jesikuh123 wrote:
I am not sure that I am trying to acheive anything really, just understanding.
Walls, beams and columns have special, automatic, SEO-type relationships so doing actual SEOs on them doesn't make much sense. Erika is right (as far as I can tell) that SEOs don't do anything with walls and columns. Beams and columns can use SEOs with each other but I'm not sure why this would be useful.
Learn and get certified!