Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Non-Ordinary Windows

Zdenko
Booster

trying to determine a best method of showing windows that need to match the roof line angle and sit above a set of windows below (see image). not sure if there are objects i can use in the library or if it requires an opaque morph. possibly another alternate solutions?

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 4.40.34 PM.png

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based Sonoma 14.4.1

Archicad 27 (3001 USA Full Intel Based MAC)
Sonoma 14.4.1
5 REPLIES 5
Lingwisyer
Guru

Use the Trapezoid Window? Or if it is empty, the Opening Tool?

Ling.

I would suggest that you add your AC localisation to your signature as there are some library variations.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

thank you Lingwisyer, found the library element. i have drawn a first floor layout which is where AC will only allow me to place the window. the 2nd floor is not a traditional wall layout as shown in the screen captures. i was able to move the window to the correct location and trying to stretch in 3d mode but having difficulties any suggestions on how to possibly having to re-draw the second floor without impacting the log geometry as shown below or if trapezoidal windows are treated differently in AC. what is AC localization to signature?

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 9.52.23 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-29 at 9.52.29 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-29 at 10.02.14 AM.png

Sonoma 14.4.1

ok figured out signatures. also, went back and started to select various nodes when the element is active and noticed some of the nodes allow me to stretch in either horizontal or vertical while other nodes those options are not available. is a setting missing on my end?

Sonoma 14.4.1
mthd
Ace

As well as using trapezoidal windows and the opening tool, you could also try learning how to use the curtain wall tool to draw in custom window shapes. You will get more flexibility in following an angled roof pitch and be able to draw in mullions exactly where you need them. Take your time and watch some videos on YouTube on how to do this.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

yeah i did look at curtain-wall tool but will give  it a better looksy at the end of this week.

Sonoma 14.4.1

Setup info provided by author