BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Profiled Objects Disappear In 3D

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had this happen to me a couple of times in the last month. I thought it was just a fluke, but now another user has experienced the same thing. Here is what happens...

Using the Profiler, I built a simple crown molding and drew it around the inside of a room. The profile shows up in the floor plan, the sections, and the elevations just fine. In the 3D window, the profile will only show up if I'm NOT using a marquee. If I marquee an area containing all or part of the profile and go into the 3D window, the profile is completely missing.

I'm not sure if this behavior is consistent -- I haven't had time to play with it much. Is anybody else experiencing this? Is there a cure?
1 REPLY 1
OK, that's kinda weird. I just had this problem, though not with profiler, and I just figured it out, and I was just thinking about posting on it.

Check your shape for 'pinch' points.

I have a barrel vault object. You can set the height of the object (the sides), and the arc height. If the arc is taller than the object height, you get an invalid polygon, so I have an error catcher, if objectHeight is less than arcHeight then set objectHeight equal to arcHeight. That is, the arc just touches the top plane of the object.

When the object is cut by a marquee and the 'touching point' is inside, the object wouldn't display. If the point is outside, it displays. It was also OK if the entire object was marqueed, or if the object was 3D'd by itself.
I switched my error catcher to make the arc slightly shorter than the objectHeight, and now it is well.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Learn and get certified!