Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall segment dissapeared

PTLilla
Participant

The attached complex wall profile if used as a wall doesn't appear in full width. If I delete part of the wall that looks in top view as intended, the missing part appears. When used as a beam it looks as it should. The top view is set to show all lines, the two parts are mirrored from each other and are totally the same.

Operating system used: Windows

top view.png

side view.png

4 REPLIES 4
4dProof
Advisor

what is the projection setting of the wall? complex profiles on walls don't always give a full range of options you'd like to see. Sometimes you have to fuss with the projection settings and the floor plan cut plane.
without seeing what the actual geometry is and the actual wall/profile settings, it's hard to say what is going on with the plan view. But I'd start by setting the wall to "projected with overhead", then play with the floor plan cut plane to get it to show cut where you want it.

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

Tanks, but we tried that. The main problem is that the wall profile is a mirorred thing with two identical part, and just one part looks as it should. If i delete a portion of the other half, it appears again.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

You could also check for Walls on hidden Layers. They may intersect your visible Wall resulting in the above behavior.

Make all layers visible, and see if there are any "naughty" Walls.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Lingwisyer
Guru

Overlapping reference lines?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Setup info provided by author