BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Walls tool problem and crashing and spinning wheel

Fr33d3l_
Participant

Hello guys,

I have problem with my archicad file, since yesterday my archicad file started to be in spinning wheel during clicking on walls in every site plan, 3d and others, no other tool is taking so long. I click on wall and it is taking so long waiting to continue. Can someone help me with this please? thank you 

Operating system used: Windows 10

2 REPLIES 2
Jerryjb
Contributor

Something to look for.  I had this happen when I laid out a metal siding object or profiled post repeatedly alone a wall.  Priority were such that the wall was being cut by the siding creating a massive amount of cut operations happening behind the scene.  Every time the 3D refresh or the screen was refreshed in plan view it had to process thousands of polygons for the siding profile.

In your case I would look for an interaction between multiple objects or elements with this type of interference.

Ultimately I had to delete the conflicting elements and approach it with a different method.

I already found the problem. In the other site plan of my file I had a large profil of 3D detail that I prepared to use for visualization, and it was so big that everytime I wanted to unselect a wall I had to wait for even 20 seconds. I removed the big profile of 3D detail and problem was solved.
Anyway thank you for respond.

Have a nice day

Setup info provided by author

Learn and get certified!