BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Zoom-In, Custom Mouse Constraint Setting?

Anonymous
Not applicable
AC12 will not let me add the Zoom-In or Zoom-Out command to my menu shortcuts, why or what am i missing? I use this alot in previos ArchiCad versions. Now I am wasting time clicking the Zoom-In button.
Also, why doesn't AC12 provide for a custom mouse constraint for perpendicular or parallel. This is important for multiplying. What am i missing? Thank you for the help. Le
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
legrandbennett wrote:
AC12 will not let me add the Zoom-In or Zoom-Out command to my menu shortcuts, why or what am i missing?
No problem here, what are the steps you are going through to add this command to one of your menus?
legrandbennett wrote:
Also, why doesn't AC12 provide for a custom mouse constraint for perpendicular or parallel. What am i missing?
Under Work Environment > User Preference Schemes > Mouse Constraints and Methods are check boxes for various constraint options that use the Shift key. HTH.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Barry Kelly
legrandbennett wrote:
AC12 will not let me add the Zoom-In or Zoom-Out command to my menu shortcuts, why or what am i missing? I use this alot in previos ArchiCad versions. Now I am wasting time clicking the Zoom-In button.
Do you have a mouse with a scroll wheel?
Can't get any easier to zoom than with the wheel.
legrandbennett wrote:
Also, why doesn't AC12 provide for a custom mouse constraint for perpendicular or parallel. This is important for multiplying. What am i missing? Thank you for the help. Le
Try using the guide lines.
They will give you perpendicular and parallel options as well as many others (radius, bisector, etc.).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you all for your replies. With the zoom-in, I used to use command1 as the keyboard shortcut, now I do not have that option to add it in the keyboard shortcuts. I am looking to find out how to add it to the shortcuts. It is only selectable in the toolbar. For the mouse constraints, in AC9 you could select custom settings for mouse constraints. If you selected perp. or parallel it would retain that as a custom until you next selected a perp or parallel or other. Now I have to have to repeat the process if I want to drag, move, multiply etc. parallel or perp to a given line. Once again, thank you for any assistance. Just want my old processes back. Le
Anonymous
Not applicable
legrandbennett wrote:
Thank you all for your replies. With the zoom-in, I used to use command1 as the keyboard shortcut, now I do not have that option to add it in the keyboard shortcuts. I am looking to find out how to add it to the shortcuts. It is only selectable in the toolbar. For the mouse constraints, in AC9 you could select custom settings for mouse constraints. If you selected perp. or parallel it would retain that as a custom until you next selected a perp or parallel or other. Now I have to have to repeat the process if I want to drag, move, multiply etc. parallel or perp to a given line. Once again, thank you for any assistance. Just want my old processes back. Le
I think the mouse constraints (and resetting thereof) were changed when guidelines were introduced (was that AC10?). Can't say I miss the old ways any more but was a bit annoyed initially. You get used to the new-fangled ways pretty quickly.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
legrandbennett wrote:
With the zoom-in, I used to use command1 as the keyboard shortcut, now I do not have that option to add it in the keyboard shortcuts. I am looking to find out how to add it to the shortcuts.
Le:

For more more information with images, go to Help > ArchiCAD Help, when your browser opens click on the "Search" tab, and input "Shortcut Customization Dialog Box" in the search box, this will give you a link to the Help page that covers how to do this, it is part of the Work Environment.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!