BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Add-on Artlantis R and Studio Mactel is avalaible

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

The new add-on "Export add-on from ArchiCAD 10 to Artlantis R-Studio (Mac Intel Only)" is available at :
http://www.abvent.com/support/download/index.php

Best Regards,
Pierre
15 REPLIES 15
Andy Thomson
Advisor
Tried it, I get an error loading the successfully (from ArchiCad) saved file, Artlantis R states 'The file cannot be loaded'. - Not even a single column exported from Archicad...

I noticed in the documentation for the mactel plugin, it states that I should drop the 'ArtlantisR-Studio_Out' apx into the import/export folder of the add-ons.

However, the APX name in the downloaded package is actually: 'ArtlantisStudio_Out.bundle' - I don't know if that is the correct plugin, presumably yes? Several restarts, simple and complex models, lights and no lights have been tried, still, no success on import.

And yes, the CATL.framework folder is in the right place. (I am confused by the 'versions' subfolder, though...)

Andy
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Thomas Holm
Booster
If you had this working on a PPC machine, check where the similar files are placed. The folder structure is the same on the Mactels. And don't waste a thought on the file name change, it's a typical Abvent error. Won't ever be corrected or documented. But may still change in the next version.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Andy Thomson
Advisor
Thanks Thomas, the 'support' folder was added in the final AC mactel release, and I was informed by Abvent that there was a glitch with mactel export which will be corrected for ArtlantisR 1.2....as it is not yet available, I have been suffering exporting 3DS models and/or exporting from a PPC machine...which still works fine.
Director
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
Thomas Holm
Booster
OK I'm sorry I couldn't solve it.

ArtlantisR1.2 - I didn't even know it was updated from 1.1! When was that?

I thought that would never happen - just that they would advice those who wanted it on Mactel to buy the new (universal) Studio instead. That would be more in line with their history. But maybe things are getting better?
Andy Thomson
Advisor
re. 1.2, is not out, still waiting, maybe in vain?
Director
Thomas Holm
Booster
Re.checking, I found Studio is at 1.2.2. R is still the 1.1 fc that i'vbe used all the time. Things appear to be the same after all. I seriously doubt there will ever be a an Artlantis R version higher than 1.1.
I expect I'll have to bite the bullet when upgrading to macintel and buy Studio.
or are you running R 1.1 (which runs in Rosetta PPCemulation) fast enough on the Macintel?
(edited) well, i guess,with your signature machine, it doesn't matter...
Andy Thomson
Advisor
I am running ArtlantisR 1.1 on the mactel - it was perhaps surprisingly, very fast. Export from AC has never worked. Yes, I suspect Studio will be required...

My signature machine is out of date.....on my home planet, that is.
Director
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys - so has anyone been able to export to ArtlantisR from Archi10? I've been trying today with limited luck...

My existing (complex) model won't "save as" into ATL format, but a new, simple AC10 file (with a single slab! ha!) will export fine.

I guess that's two questions, then: anyone else having luck with ArtlantisR/macintel/AC10? and secondly: anyone have ideas for "cleaning up" and existing file for a proper export into Artlantis?

Thanks.
Andy Thomson
Advisor
I bucked up and got the Studio upgrade, which is working (export from AC10/import) with no issues. The timeline is decent, camera motion is decent. Flythroughs take days to render (radiosity on) but our clients are totally blown away.
Director
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!