BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

"Alpha Channel Voodoo"

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to create entourage in a rendering using images and alpha channel masks, a process that my office has used successfully before, but for some reason when I render in LightWorks, the alpha channel mask remains visible. Everything seems to work fine in the internal rendering engine, but not in LightWorks. Is there an update that we're missing? Any advice? Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Mike

I am not an alpha channel voodoo

but i think that the solution of your problem go through the "red channel" for more informations see the Dwight Topic here http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=38663&highlight=red+channel#38663
Dwight
Newcomer
And for maximum red channel on channel action, a white background equals maximum red.But that might not be it.

I think this problem may be related to the rendering "method" --- lousy, better, best as in the dialog.

Always use best method. Try that first.

Also, some entourage maps just don't work because the transparency aspects don't operate. I will send you the parapicture object that works for me.
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!