BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Congruent lines displaying incorrectly with AA turned off

stoneunturned
Booster

Hi, there's been an issue which has bugged me since upgrading to 26 where overlapping lines which should be congruent (and display as such with pixel perfect accuracy) actually display 1 pixel off from each other.

Eg the purple dashed, white no outline, and black line of the beam should all overlap perfectly giving me visual confirmation that all is well. Unsure if the first snip really shows what im talking about (if the image has been compressed while pasting into the post) but the second snip zoomed in shows the issue clearly. It occurs at any level of zoom, the more zoomed out, the more things feel off if you catch my drift.

Third snip shows the problem with the cursor ruler lines on, only adding to the problem - it is 1 pixel over in the other direction..! And i test alignment with those cursor lines all day long.

With antialiasing ON, including perpendicular lines, the problem goes away. My hardware can handle 2D antialiasing just fine with no loss of performance, but i prefer the higher contrast of the rough lines, i find it easier on the eyes.

stoneunturned_1-1708465345506.png

stoneunturned_3-1708465559651.png

stoneunturned_5-1708466306226.png

If there's an opportunity to work for GS as a QC agent, i put my hand up - i can generate a huge list at this point, but the quality control on expensive software with hundreds of thousands of users really needs to be addressed. 

Win11 AC26 5002 NZE FULL, i7 4770k @ 4.4Ghz, GTX 1080Ti 11Gb, 16GB
Dell G15 Laptop: i7-12700h, RTX 3060, 16GB DDR5
Thunderbolt 4 to 2 screens, HDMI to a 3rd screen. Laptop lid remains closed.
3dconnexion mouse and keyboard
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!