BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

SAVING TO OLDER VERSIONS IN ARCHICAD

IrfanHadziomerovic
Participant

Please, can you make option to save in older versions like from 27 to 22 without downloading all version of software.

Thank you.!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

The size of the program would have to become much bigger than it is now.

I don't know how much, but there would have to be extra overheads added in to cater for each version.

By only being able to back save one version, only extra info for that one version needs to be added.

As it is some information will not back save at all at certain points.

For example I don't think segmented beams and columns save back well, and the 'new' stairs and railings don't save back to the 'old' stairs and railing objects.

If you are always going to back save, then you are better off working directly in 22 as well.

Or encourage your colleagues to upgrade.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RuiSantos
Participant

I don't believe you can; unfortunately, you can only save to the previous version, which means you need to have all the other versions (26-25-24-23)... 

Thanks for solution, i know it is possbile only like this. However i am thinking that they will finally in future make solution to have some sort of standart file which can be open in all versions. Since my collages mostly work in archicad 22 and i work in 27 it is very time consuming to each change we need to save 300 times.

RuiSantos
Participant

I agree with you. It would be much better if there was a standard file format that works across all Archicad versions. This way, we wouldn't have to keep saving multiple versions for every change. Let's hope they come up with a solution like that soon. 

Could be worse, Revit cannot save back at all!

Regards,

Scott
MSI Creator ZP16, i7-12700H, 32GB RAM, RTX 3070 8GB
Solution
Barry Kelly

The size of the program would have to become much bigger than it is now.

I don't know how much, but there would have to be extra overheads added in to cater for each version.

By only being able to back save one version, only extra info for that one version needs to be added.

As it is some information will not back save at all at certain points.

For example I don't think segmented beams and columns save back well, and the 'new' stairs and railings don't save back to the 'old' stairs and railing objects.

If you are always going to back save, then you are better off working directly in 22 as well.

Or encourage your colleagues to upgrade.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!