BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Render Button on the Render Setting's Dialogue..

muzedesigns
Participant
It *isn't* essential - but I think a 'render button' on the settings dialogue box in addition to its current location/shortcut would make sense.
Chrissy Avramidis
|| ArchiCAD Versions 7-22 ||
|| 27inch iMac Pro (2017) | macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 | Processor 3 GHz Xeon W | Memory 64GB 2666 MHz DDR4 | Graphics Radeon Pro Vega 64 16368 MB||
7 REPLIES 7
Thomas Holm
Booster
Well... I hate to repeat myself, but....
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
muzedesigns
Participant
Thomas.. save your precious fingers the energy of typing A-R-T-L-A-N-T-I-S again.. I *get* the message!

I am posting wishes in regards to improving ArchiCAD NOT Artlantis..

Artlantis has it own forum.. I appreciate how *wonderful* it is.. I do!

But I also don't really care - I can't get it to run with ArchiCAD 10.0 - and would prefer to put the effort into learning CD4 ahead of it..

However - in saying that - I am drawing elements and inspiration from both these programs to make ArchiCAD more user friendly and efficient..

I am merely making suggestions that I feel would be useful in Graphisoft's ArchiCAD.. That is my focus here..
Chrissy Avramidis
|| 27inch iMac Pro (2017) | macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 | Processor 3 GHz Xeon W | Memory 64GB 2666 MHz DDR4 | Graphics Radeon Pro Vega 64 16368 MB||
Thomas Holm
Booster
muzedesigns wrote:
...I am posting wishes in regards to improving ArchiCAD NOT Artlantis.. ...I am merely making suggestions that I feel would be useful in Graphisoft's ArchiCAD.. That is my focus here..
OK. It's just that all your wishes seem to point towards making Lightworks within AC work like any external renderer. I think that simply won't happen, since I think GS is focused on having a 'good enough' solution within Archicad for those who don't need to render often enough to motivate an extra purchase.

And I think they're right. They should not spend their development resources on this. Better to improve the connections to external renderers, like Artlantis or C4D or more high-end solutions.
muzedesigns
Participant
OK - I understand what you are saying .. And, in retrospect of my last 2 weeks - agree with you..

However - Lightworks shouldn't be pushed to the curb so quickly - why not make it as optimal as it can be at whatever it is to the individual user..

At the end of the day it should still entice the user to use it if it sufficient for their purposes.. Making it more streamlined for them to do *whatever* they are setting out to achieve using the internal rendering engines in ArchiCAD would not be a waste of resources..

I admit the Render Dongle and Remote Notification of Render Errors *are* a substantially greater development.. But simpler additions like a button on a dialogue box and partial renders would improve rendering in AchiCAD for the user who decides to do so..

And for users, taking it too the next level with an external program should be an option based on desire rather that being forced too due to lack of extras..

If all the focus is going to be placed on external programs and relationships - why offer a rendering engines in ArchiCAD at all?
Chrissy Avramidis
Thomas Holm
Booster
muzedesigns wrote:
However - Lightworks shouldn't be pushed to the curb so quickly - why not make it as optimal as it can be at whatever it is to the individual user..
At least, I agree on that.

BTW, you said you can't use your Artlantis with AC10? I've had few problems here. And they have been solved in this forum . Perhaps you should search for it!
muzedesigns
Participant
Yeah - I have searched the forums.. and the Artlantis ones.. unfortunately I can't find what the issue is - I have done what they all suggest but am getting a new error - like others that have installed the add-on recently..

I posted here last night (i think .. its been no sleep for the incompetent unfortunately):
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=20849

For this last project I am *slowly* rendering out of Lightworks.. Succeeding this project I am updating my CD4 and locking myself in a room with it to nut if out.. once and for all!
Chrissy Avramidis
Thomas Holm
Booster
Well, its' been a while since I used AC10...I'd PM you my plugin but it seems you're on a PC, so I don't know how to help. Perhaps you can find more info on Abvent's forums, or perhaps Karl Ottenstein knows (he almost always does).
Learn and get certified!