BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Represent Construction Phases

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi to everyone - I'm not sure if this has been posted in the past, but I'm keen to see my suggestion in the next version of ArchiCAD.

I started my architectural career using ArchiCAD, before moving office and using Revit for four years. Changing office again, and back to ArchiCAD I've noticed one tool that I miss from Revit - Building Phasing.

It was extremely easy to include Phases into projects; I could have one wall that had a window and door, then in the next Phase demolish the door and insert another window, etc. There are endless scenarios of course, but the essence was having one wall element that was able to change according to the particular phase of construction it found itself in. This was of particular use when documenting schools or other larger institutional buildings because of differing construction times for various building components.

Unless I'm mistaken, I am only able to represent differing building phases by creating unique layer combinations with phase specific layer names, and copying in place multiple walls with features specific to every phase... which I find a bit clumsy in comparison.

Just a suggestion, but I really think that this would streamline the design process further; after all I want to be designing and documenting Architecture, not customising my interface for each project!

Ta! Andrew
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!