BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Solid Element Operators

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have this Mesh, and I have been duplicating the mesh downward once and subtracting it from the upper mesh.
It has been workig fine, and now it wont work anymore.

I can use the meshes and SEO Addition, Intersection, but not subtraction, or subtraction with downwards extrusion.

Also, if I drag a copy of one of my meshes over a bit with the operator that worked the operation goes away, and wont let me re-do it.

It is a japanese style roof I am doing so I have 10 peices of it, 8 of them work 2 of them do not.

And again like i said, just copying one of the peices with it's operator to a new places wont do the operation anymore.
hmm.
Any ideas?
8 REPLIES 8
Thomas Holm
Booster
I've had this issue too. Sometimes the meshes get too complex for SEO to work reliably. The only remedy I've found is to use a simpler mesh.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Jess,

Have you tried the Mesh 3d from Petri?... I've used it in some tricky roofs and it did the job...
Hope that helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Braza- will this owrk for v.12, I see it is v.8.

And I opened my file this morning and 75% of my SEOs are not operated anymore.
The Operator and the target are still here, but the operation is gone.
How frustrating, it took me so long to get them all to work yesterday, and I was so proud of how pretty it looked.

Ho Hum.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm currently using AC10, but I've tested it in AC12 and it works like a charm...

Its an amazing piece of code... Thank you Petri!

BTW... I just made a little change in the 3d script of the object to enable the correct texture mapping of the side surface...
If you don't mind Petri... May I post here the edited version?...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Braza wrote:
BTW... I just made a little change in the 3d script of the object to enable the correct texture mapping of the side surface...
If you don't mind Petri... May I post here the edited version?...
An amended version was posted in this thread already (which you replied to! ) -

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=105367&highlight=mesh#105367
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
An amended version was posted in this thread already (which you replied to! )
Hi Peter,

I completely forgot about this thread...
Olivier did a great job in this one (as usual)...
But actually, yesterday I've downloaded the original object from the object depository...
Noticed the unwanted texture mapping behavior...
and changed the PGON status statement for the side surface from "2" to "0"...
I never miss an opportunity to sneak in GDL...
Even when the job is already done...
Djordje
Ace
Guys,

Please post the stuff to Depository ... that way we know where it is.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Djordje,

The problem is that its Petri's object...
And unfortunately we don't have any feedback from him here in the forum... (One post)
Even with PM...
Maybe with your almighty moderator powers you can update the object in Petri's name...

Edit:
I've made a little improvement in this object... Now it can control edges visibility...
I'm attaching here the "Mesh3d 2" (Petri's original object + Olivier smooth parameter + Edges visibility)...
Djordje... If you manage to update the original object in the object depository... feel free to use this file... and Thank you for your attention.
Learn and get certified!