BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

RC1015 Cannot open include file ".grc.rc2" error

Yeojin
Contributor

Hello. I am upgrading an ac23 ARCHICAD add-on to ac27.

Even though all the code has been adjusted to meet the ac27 specifications, I am encountering two errors as shown below, preventing me from proceeding.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error RC1015 cannot open include file 'addon_27.grc.rc2'. addon_27 C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\API Development Kit 27.3001\addon_27\addon_27\addon_27\RFIX.WIN\addon_27.rc2 11
Error MSB8066 Custom build for 'RINT\addon_27.grc;RFIX.WIN\addon_27.rc2' exited with code 1. addon_27 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets 241

48504668-a964-4287-85e4-96ae05e38d04.png

In the past, when similar errors occurred in ac24 and ac25, recreating a new project resolved the issue. However, attempting the same approach this time did not work.

Does anyone know how to resolve these errors? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

240117_2.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Joel Buehler
Enthusiast

ressources get build with the ressource building exe (ResConv.exe). a plugin uses the python script in the ressources folder to feed arguments to the resconv exe. unfortunate you dont see the errors of the ressource build not in the error list of visual studio, you only can see them in the output window. this looks like this: 

JoelBuehler_0-1705916599075.png

from there you can go into the python script an read waht hes doing on that line. do you want to post your ressoruce building error? 

Joel, thank you for your response.

Here is my output window when the mentioned error occurs.

240123_1.png

ok some thigs to try:

- maybe the compiler has a problem with the special character "Y" 

- does the IU_Addon.grc.rc2 file exist and is readable? it should be in the "ResourceObjects" folder

- how exactly did you upgrade the add-on? did you use the template and ported the code or did you upgrade with a cmake command the solution?

- a rockerfeller solution would be to start from a new project from a fresh downloaded plugin template and copy your code to the new solution. test out before you copy over if the new add-on gets built. 

- rebuild the solution

- are you sure all files are correctly named? "Addon.grc" / "AddonFix.grc" usw... are the needed header files named in the ressource files? 

Try the simplest method: exclude the resource files from the Visual Studio project and then add them back in. This trick worked for me with a problematic add-on that I migrated from API 22 to 25

Learn and get certified!