BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BIMx viewer now requires Archicad 27 (?!?!?)

Chris Hough
Booster

So I had a client of our send me over this gem of a screen shot after emailing them a new BIMx model for them to review their design:

Resized_Screensho.jpeg

What????

OK, what exactly is this error message? Is the client trying to do something unusual with the file that is generating this error message in? As far as I know, they were just trying to open a new model that we make with Archicad 26. But what is this "issue creation" feature?

Surely this is not a message that pops up on ANY "older than archicad 27" BIMx file when you open it with the latest version of BIMx viewer? I get that the new BIMx may have features to it that older versions of Archicad may not be able to access, but to block them from opening the file at all? 

I SINCERELY hope that is not what is happening. Please help me understand how to navigate this because sending BIMx models to our client is a critical part of our process (as I'm sure it is for most offices), and I do not want errors messages like this preventing them from accessing their models.

Owner, Heritage Design Studio
AC 4.5-26
Maco OS Monterey | 2.4 Ghz i9 | 32Gb | AMD RX 6800 XT
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein

I have no idea... but here is the article on Issue Creation... which makes me wonder if your client didn't click on a menu item for issue creation rather than just navigate your model?  It seems like if you did not go through all of the steps to allow for issue creation, that your client shouldn't even see that as an option and should never see the message displayed.   Hopefully someone from the BIMx team will see your post and respond here...

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/BIMx/Issue-Creation-in-BIMx/ta-p/394799

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Thanks for the link Carl- I will read the article and see if it applies. 
I am hopeful it was some weird way the client tried to open the file.

Owner, Heritage Design Studio
AC 4.5-26
Maco OS Monterey | 2.4 Ghz i9 | 32Gb | AMD RX 6800 XT
Roland Szabo
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Yes, this is not an error but a misunderstanding. The dialog says a feature requires the latest Archicad version. The client probably opened the "..." more options menu and tapped the new markup feature's icon.

Some details to the article (also linked to "Read more" in BIMx): Issue creation requires the latest version because the "Import issues from BIMx" button for easy BCF import is first available in Archicad 27:

RolandSzabo_0-1710144110207.png

Also, if the issue includes viewpoint(s) of layouts, navigating to them using Archicad 26's Issue Manager wouldn't work because the global standard BCF doesn't support 2D. We extended BIMx issues with 2D-specific data and developed Archicad 27 further to make the revisioning workflow more convenient.

Roland Szabo
BIMx Product Manager
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!