Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Autocad can't read fills correctly

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been sending dwgs to a consultant and the hatch patterns drawn, say a 2x4 grid, do not show up on their end as such, after converted to a dwg. They see all 2x4 grids as 2x2 grids. Is there a remedy... or is it simply lost in translation???
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, it can't!
AutoCAd has always had this problem of reading anything that was different from its own. It becomes even bigger mess whey you try to export a symbol hatch or line. If you have ever tried to script a custom hatch in it you would've seen why.

Try .dxf - it may work better. If not, try sending it both as .dwg and .pdf for correct representation.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
mbrecken:

If you are using ArchiCAD 9, try using the older translator (DXF-DWG In-Out_2k), which shows up as DXF-DWG Translator Setup (8.1 Translator) in the tools menu after you have loaded the add-on (this add-on is not part of the standard installation, I forgot where it is stashed, maybe the Goodies folder). You may need to remove the standard DXF-DWG In-Out translator. I know that there are problems with the standard translator relating to custom fill origins and rotations.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14