BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Database of annotations.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I apologise if the answer to my question is available. I have not been able to find it and am running out of time.
What I would like to do is produce a database of annotations which can be given a unique short identifier and can be imported/added to a plan, section or elevation with 1 or 2 clicks.
Residential building in New Zealand uses the same annotations for most of the simple standard constructions. Typing each one is time consuming. If notations could be dropped in like objects, it would speed up the design and could also be used to populate any specifications accompanying the plans.
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Not one or two clicks, but setting up autotext fields in the Project Info database will do what you want. The Project Info can be exported/imported as an XML file, should that be helpful.

See:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/AutoTextAnnotation

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
owen
Newcomer
You could also use an object which references an external TXT file for a list of short identifiers and longer annotation. This does require some knowledge of GDL and if you are short on time maybe not the way to go but if given time to setup can be very useful.

Check out this thread as a starting point:

The FreeKeyNote Label Project

cheers,

os
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks go to both replies. I will look at both options in due course.
Learn and get certified!