BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Export IFC surface colors

Aline Tortoretto
Contributor

Hello, everyone. Good afternoon.

I have an issue here. We have some projects that it's necessary for the surface names to appear in the IFC element name because that's how we define the coating. This way, we don't need to create ceramic material multiple times, for example, because we have various ceramic specifications. So, to ensure their visibility in the IFC, I've added the surface information to the IFC property map in the name. However, since the finish is sometimes at the top or bottom, I've chosen to include all surfaces. The problem arises when we're dealing with composite elements, as the element name also includes the surface of the composite element. Additionally, if we've only defined the top surface, it includes the side surface, for example, which is defined in the material. One solution we've considered is to treat the surface within the material as general. However, this results in all elements in our IFC being displayed in black color. Is there any solution to this problem? In my opinion, one option could be to define the color in which the elements are imported, but I've realized that this is connected to the surface, making it difficult to find a solution.

I'm not sure if the text is clear because I'm Brazilian and translating into English.

Thank you very much

Operating system used: Windows 10

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

0 REPLIES 0

Setup info provided by author

Learn and get certified!