BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

How to match stories of hotlink to pln?

Jakob_Floyd
Booster

Good day,

I have a pln file with stories defined by the actual building (I attach the screenshots) and then I have a HVAC system in ifc file, that I would like to link to my project. The issue is that stories in ifc file are different even though the overall height of the building stays the same. Ifc file contains extra stories with smaller height and this is messing it up for me.

When I attach the ifc file as hotlink, I get a warning that some of the stories are out of range and some elements might not be visible and it is exactly like that - I do not see any many many elements from the second or third story up...

Is there a way to attach the hotlink with some other settings so that the elements would attach based on the height from project zero as opposed to based on a story?

PLNPLN

IFCIFC

Operating system used: Windows 11

AC26
i9-12900 | 64GB RAM | 1TB NVME | RTX 3070 | WIN 11
1 REPLY 1
Ricardo Lopez
Advocate

Hi @Jakob_Floyd 

You can find more information about that here: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Project-data-BIM/Story-management-of-Hotlinked-modules/ta-p/3037...

Regards.

M. Arch. Ricardo López
BIM Consultant | Project Solutions and Services | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI WE75 9TK, 32GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000

Setup info provided by author

Learn and get certified!