BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Is there any Civil Engineer add on planned?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any addon (like MEP) for Civil engineers? (so every part of the building can be modeled inside AC
8 REPLIES 8
oreopoulos wrote:
Is there any addon (like MEP) for Civil engineers? (so every part of the building can be modeled inside AC

Would make sense given the capabilities of VICO Constructor in this regard - especially if GS are really serious about making ArchiCAD a fully integrated BIM application with all related fields (Construction, Mechanical etc ).

After all, remember that the MEP module was a common feature in Constructor (even though originally developed from Ductworks technology from ArchiCAD 9)

.......but then again, that doesn't mean that GS will see it this way, despite the fact that Civil, or Structural capabilities tie in more closely to Architectural design and mentality than do Mechanical.

It would be nice though.....not having to model slab edges, column caps, and all.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I heard that TEKLA will be 100% compatible with ArchiCAD 13, details and features of it still unknown.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Let's not forget the grass roots surging of residential
architects who might after all want to have some help
with "conventional light frame" construction standards
as spelled out very specifically in the new International
Building Code, which is not only sweeping across the
entire US, but other parts of the world as well.
I don't expect Graphisoft to tangle with chapter 16,
but help with the call outs for Conventional Light Frame should be
a modest investment, which allows you to do quite a bit of stuff
without conventional engineering. (Follow the rules) and it's considered
"engineered" (Of course having a good civil engineer is great when you
want to go beyond C.L.F.C.(And many times I do) and I'm not discounting that, but you don't need to run to an engineer for every structural concept) when you have C.L.F.C. working for you.
Even here in California lots two story residential work is allowed with just convention light frame construction, if you can bring it all together.
If not used in your part of the world yet, it may well
be on it's merry way.
It's quite massive in it's scale and scope.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
GGIPunjab wrote:
I am new student in the Civil Engineering and i am interested in knowing about the addon (like MEP) for Civil engineers..
Information from Graphisoft is here:
MEP Modeler

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
KeesW
Advocate
MEP modeler is for mechanical, NOT civil engineers. So the answer to your question is NO.

Tekla might work but how well is it accepted and used by civil and structural engineers?

Why do people fluff around the answer? A civil/structural add-on would be quite useful. Could CadImage do something if Tekla doesn't work?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Anonymous
Not applicable
There's Architerra by Cigraph. It's been a while since I last used it. As I recall it's not full on civil engineering but adds significant site work tools to ArchiCAD.

The MEP part is important for the site utilities.
KeesW
Advocate
Matthew
I use Architerra quite frequently and it is an excellent tool for creating site contours, locating roads, plateaus and cut-and-fills. It is not a civil engineering tool in the engineering sense. The original questioner obviously (I thought) wanted information about structural and civil engineering add-ons and Archicad doesn't have any.

I am wary of marketing types who try to foist products that don't do what is required onto unsuspecting users by confusing the original issue. Archicad has many excellent add-ons but structural design isn't one of them.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Anonymous
Not applicable
In the éptar webshop page you can find a reinforcement tool.
Check out this Website:
http://www.eptar.hu/cadsupport.php?id=product_block&pID=9&Lang=ENG

You can download the demo Version for free.
Some of example Video is available here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXL_72mm5kc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubhPLQoyiys
Learn and get certified!