Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Urgent Issue - AutoCAD Import, Block Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!

I'm having this problem and I cannot seem to find any way to work around it.

Currently, the firm I work for is joint-venturing with another large firm on a large bioscience building. Our firm works in ArchiCAD, the JV works in AutoCAD. We are doing exterior/core, they are doing interior. As a result we need to be able to have hybrid drawings - we work on top of their drawings (placed as external drawings to avoid importing all kinds of linetypes, layers and such), but we do all the plotting. So we really need to get the two drawings working together seamlessly.

Attached you'll find an image of my problem. For some reason, archicad is importing a width indicator with every single block. To date we have been making PDFs and drawing on top of those, but we can't do that going forward. Does anyone know what is up, and how we might go about fixing it?

Thanks for your time!

cad_problem.jpg
1 REPLY 1
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
Wow, that's weird. I've done what you're doing many times, and never seen that. It must be something encoded in their use of AutoCAD... Are they using AutoCAD Architecture (ADT)? Good luck!
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB