Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

AC 27 crashing when publishing

Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast

Serious problem!

When trying to publish a set, Archicad crashes immediately!

I cannot publish the files no matter what.

Initially I thought the problem was due to broken permissions on the folder that was on the server. I fixed permissions, but AC kept crashing.

I saved the TW file as pln, and did an "open and repair" still nothing.

I tried changing the path to local folder on my computer, or publish just a single Layout instead of the entire transmittal, still nothing.

The moment I click the Publish button, AC crashes

Help, I need to send the layouts, I have sent several bug reports to Graphisoft

Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 3.30.15 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-17 at 3.14.34 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-17 at 3.10.03 PM.png

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon 13 Ventura

Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

I assume you have updated Archicad 27 to 27.2.0, the latest version? Not that I think it'll make a difference but worth a try.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Are you trying to publish DWGs with the option selected to combine in to one document? There used to be a bug that caused this which was fixed.

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

No, just single PDF's

Solution

I assume you have updated Archicad 27 to 27.2.0, the latest version? Not that I think it'll make a difference but worth a try.

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

Do the drawing names/numbers have a commonality amongst them all? Is there a special character that appears in all of the layout names/numbers? This can sometimes cause a crash when publishing.  When you have tried publishing a single layout to PDF, have you always tried the same one or the first one in the list?

I'd check the names for special characters.

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

Im using AC build 4060, so the previous version.

I rename the Layouts with the Revsion ID and and the Folder name

I made a new publisher set, which lets me publish single Layouts, and started publishing

I noticed that the crashing now happens to a specific folder which has relativelly long file names, so maybe that is the problem

It could be the length of the file name. Can you upload a screenshot of the folder structure and names of the drawings you are trying to publish?

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

It was the length of the file name.

I updated to build 5003 and the problem got solved.

Setup info provided by author