Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Advice needed re: Different linetypes.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am beginning to organize constuction doc's for my first project on ArchiCad. As a former AutoCad user, I used to use x-refs in order to create my framing plans, electrical plans, etc. In doing this I could alter linetypes so that walls and other elements would show up much lighter (both in pen weight and as dotted lines). I'm wondering what method people would recommend to accomplish this with ArchiCad. In other words, how can I change linetypes easily for various elements in certain drawings? I appreciate any help I can get.
5 REPLIES 5
Aussie John
Newcomer
yes it is awkward but I create a library part of the plan, ( scrape out the 3d data in the 3d script of the library part)- then the "plan" can sit quietly in the background as required.
This simplified plan can then be used for Reflected Ceiling Plans (on their own storey)
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
David Pacifico
Booster
Consider, Making a view and place it in Plotmaker that is just the background and set it up in Plotmaker so it prints Grayscale. Then place and another view of just the layers of items that you want to standout, and place exactly over the first and set it to print all colors to black. Use a hotspot in ArchiCAD in both views to allow you to align them in Plotmaker.
David Pacifico, RA

AC27 iMac i9, 32 gig Ram, 8 gig video Ram
Djordje
Ace
Chris wrote:
I am beginning to organize constuction doc's for my first project on ArchiCad. As a former AutoCad user, I used to use x-refs in order to create my framing plans, electrical plans, etc. In doing this I could alter linetypes so that walls and other elements would show up much lighter (both in pen weight and as dotted lines). I'm wondering what method people would recommend to accomplish this with ArchiCad. In other words, how can I change linetypes easily for various elements in certain drawings? I appreciate any help I can get.
Do it in PlotMaker; overlay the appropriate views (strategically placed hotspots help!) and change the pens in PlotMaker for each view.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Djordje
Ace
Chris wrote:
Do it in PlotMaker; overlay the appropriate views (strategically placed hotspots help!) and change the pens in PlotMaker for each view.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
TomWaltz
Participant
We have a set of pens exclusively for that purpose.

You draw all your ceiling, mechanical, structural, etc. in diferent pens than than architectural elements.

Then in Plotmaker, you set the architectural pens to be gray in whatever views necessary, and set the ceiling layers to be black (all in the same view).
Tom Waltz