BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

External links inside the project

che_k
Beginner

Hello,

I am interested in understanding the capabilities of inserting external links into an ArchiCAD file.

For our project, consolidating all relevant information within the ArchiCAD file would be highly beneficial. For instance, I'd like to know if it's possible to include reports from the constructor related to the foundation. Ideally, I'd like to access these reports by clicking on specific elements within the file, even if the report itself is not physically present in the ArchiCAD file but instead linked to a drive location.

As a second example, I'm curious if it's feasible to create links to folders containing photos, specific to certain areas or rooms within the project.

While I'm familiar with how to create external links for drawings, my inquiry pertains to integrating all other types of project documentation.

Your guidance and insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
mthd
Ace

You can use worksheets to assist you in this process. It keeps the documents in the same place at least.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
Learn and get certified!