BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Place Drawing frame Defaults

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi there,

When i place a drawing into my layout book, it always comes out so that the drawing frame is set to 'manually resized frame', instead of fit frame to drawing.
Even when i pre-select all the correct settings. quite annoying.

How can i change so that the place drawing frame setting is always set to 'fit frame to drawing'

Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Change the default setting in the drawing tool.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Change the default setting in the drawing tool.
Hi Matthew, Thanks for your reply. I have done that. But every time it defaults back when i insert a drawing?!?!
Anonymous
Not applicable
What about if you don't set the zooming to "None" when you save (or update settings of) the view?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Stuart,

Yeah i have tried that aswell. I assume that works for you?

It is fine once i have inserted it. ie it will update to the frame size.

It is just the initial placement.

not a major drama, i was just checking to see it there was another way to change the default
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Dwayne

Just tested it 'cos I was only guessing. Saved a view of a plan with "None" in the zooming selection. Went to my Layout Book. Set the drawing settings to "Fit frame to drawing". Dragged the view onto a layout, and it did exactly that.

Chur, indeed, oi!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Stuart,

Yeah that has worked for me. however i dont like that setting because I like to be able to navigate my way around an area of building im working on without it zooming to extents or the saved view.

thanks for taking the time to help. Appreciate it!

Go the Canes!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I prefer to have the zoom saved, then I know what I'm going to be looking at when I go to the view. Sometimes annoying when you were zoomed in close to an area you particularly want to see, but there's always the "zoom previous" button.

Go the 'Nix!
Learn and get certified!