Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Please help me TEST my Web Reviewer server

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to get a Web Reviewer server running. Some people have errors while accessing it, and I can't find a correlation between OS or Browser being used. It doesn't appear to be anything to do with Java VM version or JavaScript not being enabled. I'm not sure if it could be a permissions problem on the server.

I got one of those polls running for 14 days here, but it would be more useful if you could post what OS and Browser you are using and whether you are getting access errors.

So far I have had two people using Opera that haven't had any problems, so maybe that is the answer. The results for Firefox and IE are mixed.

I have an example file from ArchiCAD here. When I get this up and running there will be password protection using ASP. Then I can allow write access to the server to use the direct FTP upload button rather than the email thing.

http://test404.damnserver.com

Of course you'll need the Sun Java VM to be able to see it.

Thanks for any help..

webserver error.GIF
8 REPLIES 8
__archiben
Booster
mac - using safari. i get the 'graphisoft project reviewer' page no problem (which acts as a java detection page i think?) . . . but then no content to review. is that right?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
__archiben
Booster
hang on! spoke too soon . . . i left it open in the background....

it took a while, but the trust certificate popped up and then a while later i got the reviewer screen. and that's where it stopped:

i got the following error message stating that the content could not be found. as i said, intel mac/osx/safari is what i'm using. seems as though if it can get the reviewer up and display the name of the file you uploaded it's likely to be permissions as you suspect . . .

~/archiben
error.jpg
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Djordje
Ace
Got it fine, but files not accessible.

IE6
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Gorazd
Booster
Same here. Document can not be found. I am using Win XP Home and Firefox (Slovenian version).
------

Gorazd Rajh

AC 25, Ryzen 9 5900HS, 48 GB RAM, RTX 3080, Win 11
Erika Epstein
Booster
same results as above

win XP2
Netscape
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
SuperJasE:

i don't know if you're still interested in this, but i figured it out.

the source of the error you're getting is from the presence of spaces and other URI unfriendly characters in the filenames of the DWF's in the project folder. you have to strip these out of the filenames, and also out of the href entries in the Contents.xml folder. i wrote a php script to do both, in case anyone is interested.

as this is a relatively egregious error, i have to wonder if project reviewer was even tested before 10 was released, since one of the nice features (and isn't it a default?) in 10 is the prefixes on layouts and subset names. as these are automatically carried over into publisher from layout book, the spaces come too, in addition to anything in the layount name.

edit: changed "title" to "href"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh that's great ammacdon! I've been messing around with permissions and getting nowhere.

Could you please send me your php script? I'll put it on this test server. Is it a live server-side script or is it standalone and needs to be run?

I've sent you a PM.
Anonymous
Not applicable
are you still having trouble with the publisher?